Wednesday 24 March 2010

SS1K

Apparently, to those 'in the know', the Iron Butt Association 1000 mile Saddle Sore award is referred to as the SS1K, so from now on that is how I propose to refer to it, purely as a means of saving my fingers the grief of typing Iron Butt Association 1000 mile Saddle Sore award. Of course, I could have used 'cut and paste', but where is the fun in that, and is it 500 miles away so I can ride to it?
Anyhoo, as Monty Burns would say.
I'm definitely going to give it a go in May/June, so I can report/advise the official attempt in September by my fellow Obotophiles. I also plan to take an egg with me for company, as I have previously mooted.
Which egg should I take, though? They all look the same to me...
Maybe I should interview a few, to get a feel for which one I feel I will get on best with? And what happpened to all the women in the 'Thought of the Day'?

No comments:

Post a Comment